Thursday, June 13, 2013

Good thing We're Exercising..

Where did we leave off? Oh yes, we had just left for cocktails at the Cotton House. Well, as the British say, it was lovely..we all chatted up some different folk. Some were the people living and working on the island, some guests at the hotel, some at the villas. It is VERY off season right now, so I guess there were about 20 people there, all told. It was nice to see some new faces, though.

We went back to the villa for dinner. Junior had done his usual magic. Dinner was Shrimp Creole over Pasta, salad and Banana cake with homemade vanilla ice cream. The simplicity of it all was perfect.

 
After a good night's sleep in the salty air, we were ready to seize another day. As I have mentioned, every morning begins with fresh local fruit. I have never seen or tasted anything so perfect. Here is what we begin our day with..
 
 
Following that was individual cheese omelets, and the ubiquitous bacon. We decided to spend the morning over by the Cotton House, on Endeavour Beach. We managed to get everyone to try snorkeling. Our original plan had been to spend 1 1/2 hours in a power boat heading to Tobago Key to snorkel with the turtles, but it was way too rough, so we stayed local. We did not regret it. Just off the dock at Endeavour Bay was a fantastic coral reef teeming with fish. We all spent some time floating around, then had some pina coladas and set off back to White Cedars for lunch.

.
 
I didn't take any pictures of lunch, but Junior had made a beautiful pizza for us. He really is a master chef. I can't say enough about how he works in this climate.
 
The afternoon held tennis for some of the girls, and a run for me. I had to sweat off some of the food and alcohol I had been consuming. (to make room for more!) After a shower and some cocktails, we met, yet again, in the dining room for dinner. Tonight began as most did, with soup. There is something very calming and nice about having soup in a warm climate. Junior did a broccoli puree this evening. Once again, simple and delicious. The main course was Chicken Curry, with rice and vegetables. The table is always set beautifully.


 
Dessert was Junior's Piece de Resistance: His Low-Cal (so they say) Chocolate Souffle. Oh my. It was so very good. We all scraped the ramekins. Every night leaves me so full and happy.
 
 
So now, I have you almost caught up. I am heading to bed, but will get you through Thursday and into Friday come tomorrow morning. Sleep well. I know I will...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment